Welcome to SAEM
You've selected to join as a Pharmacy Student member. Below
are some of the benefits now available to you. For a complete guide to
all of the programs, services, and opportunities the Society offers its
members, we invite you to explore SAEM's Membership Guide.
By joining as a pharmacist member, you will be seamlessly enrolled in the Academic Emergency Medicine Pharmacists Interest Group
. AEMP is dedicated to advancing the field of emergency medicine pharmacy, establishing a supportive academic environment for emergency medicine pharmacists, fostering collaboration and networking within the emergency medicine community. Additionally, AEMP organizes an annual conference as part of the SAEM annual meeting and offers numerous opportunities for volunteering and taking on leadership roles.
- SOAR (SAEM Online Academic Resources), our database for free, open access medical education
- SAEM Pulse our member magazine with in-depth articles on the trends, issues, and best practices that affect academic emergency medicine
- Academic Emergency Medicine (AEM),
SAEM’s monthly journal, featuring the best in peer-reviewed,
cutting-edge original research relevant to the practice, investigation
of emergency care, and its quarterly sister journal, Academic Emergency Medicine Education and Training (AEM E&T).
- SAEM Weekly weekly e-newsletter of current emergency medicine news, trending articles, and "need to know" SAEM information
- Members-only content at SAEM.org
- Free membership in SAEM academies and interest groups for those interested in networking, sharing ideas, and learning more about a specific topic or specialty area
- Grant opportunities to help fund innovative research and education in the field of emergency medicine
- Opportunities to further your
professional development, expand your professional network, gain
leadership experience, and strengthen your ties within the specialty by
serving on one (or more) of the Society’s many committees and in leadership positions in SAEM
- Research resources to help you with study design, implementation, evaluation and dissemination
- Access to SAEM’s Community Sites — your online space for connectedness, collaboration, and communication
And for our pharmacy residents and students… Automatic membership in RAMS
- Dedicated section in SAEM Pulse for RAMS news and information, such as “Who’s Who in Academic EM” series
of Academic EM Educational Guides (e.g., Guide to Define Academic EM,
How to Navigate the Milestones, Visualizing Academic Roadmaps, etc.)
- “Ask a Chair” podcasts
- New, RAMS-centric awards,grants, and scholarships.
- RAMS Digital Space in SOAR with 100% resident and student-driven content
- Career Guides from a resident perspective
- RAMS Twitter and Facebook
- RAMS Community Site—an online space for connectedness, collaboration, and communication.